Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Golf for a Cause

Today I played golf again in the 28th annual Bronco Golf Classic at Friendly Hills Country Club in Whittier, California. It was a beautiful day equalled by a beautiful track to play on. The tournament was a scramble format and our group played terrible. This was disappointing due to the fact that two years ago my team placed second. I have played in this tournament the past four years in a row, ever since I began working for Cal Poly as a soccer coach. I love the idea of raising money for scholarships for student athletes. It is difficult to play collegiate athletics, do well in school, and have a job (not to mention any social life) and this money really helps these athletes to focus on their sport without worrying about the money they have to find for school. This rings personally true because I played college soccer at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and received no scholarship money. It looks like I'll have to wait until next year's tournament to put another trophy on the mantle!

No comments: