Monday, May 28, 2007

Sweet Success

Today is Memorial Day and this morning was my half-marathon run. My goal was to complete the race with a time under two hours. My official time was 1:54:03 which I was very pleased with. After the run I went with my wife and kids, who came to the finish line to cheer me on, out to lunch with friends from Lake Forest and we spent the rest of the day with their family. It was a good day especially because the week ahead will be one of the busiest of the year for me. We relaxed, visited, watched our kids play together, and watched the Ducks beat the Senators in game one of the NHL playoffs. This week I will be finishing projects for finals at Cal Poly Pomona as well as completing two classes for the LA School of Ministry. I will also be speaking at events on Tuesday and Wednesday night. Hopefully it will all turn out well, it usually does. It does not appear there will be much more time to run or relax this week. My next race will take place on October 6th at the St. George Marathon in Utah (http://www.stgeorgemarathon.com).

No comments: